Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I got it on Pinterest! - Documented Life #6

This weeks prompt was rather interesting......or not. Depending on what mood you might be in at the time of reading this. The goal this week (if you choose to accept it) was. Pick a pin on Pinterest that you are inspired by and of course give the artist credit.



At first I was thinking this would be super fun. But once I started looking. I realized that I would have a very hard time finding someone who inspired me versus I just flat out copied. Don't get me wrong it was ok to copy. But it didn't really appeal to me. So the pin I picked, I thought it was abstract enough that I could get the gist of it and not recreate her page.


I ended up pretty much recreating her page. I think it was a case of, if its in your head. Its gonna stay in your head.



It was fun.......I guess. My problem with abstract is, I worked through all that crap in college and now it doesn't hold that, "OMG I can't believe I broke it down to that level." AND I have no desire whatsoever to do anything that might be represented in an art class.



Why you ask? Because I paid a butt ton of money for school to rip out any personal talent I might have had. I look at paper now and I freeze up. All the rules and hours of critique. Slaughtered me. I would dearly love to be an innocent artist. Like the lady who did this originally. Such moxie, breaking all the rules like she does and she made it work!

This journal has made me realize. I still got art issue's. Don't worry by the time its over I'll probably have evolved to wanting to get my doctorate or some crap.

And by a happy coincidence Journal52 this week was create an abstract piece of work. What are the odds, I'd do that?!!? Weiiirddd, ahem.
Lovely lady who had the great misfortune of being pinned by me AND copied!